miércoles, 19 de enero de 2011

The Afghan Whigs - My World Is Empty Without You (1991)


The Afghan Whigs ankled the grunge comparisons and emerged as the best blue-eyed soul outfit of their generation with their cover of the Supremes' Motown classic "My World Is Empty Without You." Operating in a Curtis Mayfield-inspired falsetto fraught with a desperation and longing that Diana Ross never mustered, Greg Dulli delivers his most remarkable performance to date -- he and his bandmates are no Funk Brothers, of course, but their spectral, finely wrought arrangement deftly captures the Whigs' growing mastery of nuance and mood. A pair of LP tracks -- Congregation's ferocious "Conjure Me" and Up in It's sinuous "You My Flower" -- round out the package. Source: [AMG]

The Afghan Whigs - My World Is Empty Withou You


Track Listing
1. My World Is Empty Without You
2. Conjure Me
3. You My Flower


[Download]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario